A car which should take Volkswagen into the premium SUV segment is the Volkswagen Touareg, although in the premium segment it suffers from the "Volkswagen-stigma". Since 2010 the second model of the Touareg has been available, and Guitigefilmpjes takes a closer look at this car.
€52.350,00 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 TDI (245hp) with 8-speed automatic transmission (Tiptronic)
Options on the Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 TDI:
€ 0,0 7-spoke-Design, 1/2 J x 17 alloy wheels "Sonora"
€ 2.270 Leather Cricket black
€ 1.450,00 Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights
€ 460,00 High-beam assistant€ 275,00 Roof-rails black
€ 1.000,00 Design package "Chrome & Style"
€ 750,00 Front and rear parking sensors
€ 2.330,00 RNS 850 Touch Screen Navigation System
€ 735,00 Automatic Air Conditioning "Climatronic", 4 zones
€ 415,00 "Lighting package" (consists of autofolding exterior mirrors, auto dimming drivers side mirror, automatic headlights, make-up mirror lighting)
€ 175,00 MEDIA-IN USB-connection and adapter cable
€ 375,00 Rear windows privacy glass
€ 123,00 40:60 folding rear seats
€ 880,00 Tow bar
€ 620,00 Bluetooth preperation "Premium"
Total Price (in Germany): €64.208,00
- Lower price then the competition
- Good fuel economy (see this fuel consumption video)
- Good interior finish / quality
- Sufficient room for 4 persons
- Lots of storage space
- 8-speed gearbox
- Practical yet simple navigation system
- USB-connector is in the glove compartment, hard to charge cell phone
- Although comfortable, sometimes sluggish ride'
- Unnatural feel when starting and stopping car / key
- Old fashioned interior design
Pictures of this Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 TDI can be found here, please scroll down.